Which pathways are offered?
Computer Systems and Information Technology — This pathway prepares students to build a foundation in computer systems using technical and product skills.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer Network Architect—$116,780/year
- Computer Support Specialist—$55,510/year
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator—$84,810/year
- Web Developer—$77,200/year
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)**
- MTA Windows OS Fundamentals certifications
- MTA Introduction to Programming using HTML and CSS certification
- Adobe Certified Associate certifications in Dreamweaver, Animate, or Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Professional in Web Design certification
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
** Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.