Health and Human Services
Which pathway is offered?
Nursing Assisting (CNA) — This pathway prepares students with the mathematics, science, and technical skills to provide clinical assistance in patient care, emergency interventions, nutrition, dentistry, and surgery.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse
- Home Health Aide
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)—$30,830/year
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) —$48,820/year
- Registered Nurse—$75,330/year
- Home Health Aide—$27,080
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- MTA Windows OS Fundamentals
- State Certified Nursing Exam pending program approval from Florida Department of Health
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
** Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.